Who are we?
Registered Office: Unit 2E,
The Vale, Chesham,
Phone: (+34) 911067429 (8.30am - 5.30pm, Monday - Sunday)
If for any reason you are unsure about any of the personal and account information we are holding in your name, please contact us using the contact details listed above. We will update your private records if required.
It’s likely that we’ll need to review this Privacy Notice from time to time. We’ll notify you of any significant changes.
At a glance - why do we collect information from you?
We collect information about you for the following reasons:
- to process your order
- to help you check out in a quick, user-friendly way when you have an account with us
- to provide you with the best possible service, including a personalised browsing experience, tailored to your preferences.
- to improve our website based on analysis of sales data
- to provide you with marketing newsletters (if you signed up to our mailing list)
- to offer personalised advertising after you leave our website
What personal data do we collect?
When you place an order with us, the information we will collect includes:
- Full name,
- IP Address,
- billing and delivery address,
- telephone number,
- A record of your order
- e-mail address
- credit/debit card details (all sensitive details are inaccessible even to us from moment of purchase and are securely encrypted)
This information is necessary for us to process your payment and deliver your order to you.
When you create an account with us, we will collect the following information:
- Full Name
- e-mail address
- Telephone number
- Billing and Shipping addresses
- A record of your orders
- Your newsletter subscription status
- A list of products you added to your “wish list”
- Your debit or credit card details (If selected, these are stored securely by Sage Pay, an industry-leading Payment Gateway Provider, - we have no access to them)
You don’t have to have an account with us to place orders on our websites, but many returning customers find it helpful to have one.
Having an account with us will allow you to place an order quickly, without the need to re-enter all your details every time you checkout with us.
You can quickly and easily log into your account and change or edit any of your personal data by clicking on “My Account” either in the header or the footer of our website.
If you’d like to delete your account please contact our Customer Service who will remove your account together with all personal information it contains.
The legal basis for collecting your data when you set up an account is based on your consent.
When you visit our website, we also might collect the following information:
- IP address
- Information regarding what pages are accessed and when.
- Information related to the device used, such as web browser type, operating system and device type.
- Demographic information
- General product preferences and interests based on your browsing history on our website
We gather this information to analyse our site’s performance and look for areas for improvement. This data also allows us to give you customised product recommendations based on best-sellers and product views.
If you wish to sign-up to our mailing list, we will collect the following information:
- Email address
We will never send you marketing emails without your consent. To read more about our newsletter policy, please click here to be moved lower down the page.
If you contact our Customer Service Team:
If you contact our customer service team in relation to your order, we will:
- take a note of the conversation with you,
- Note the date and nature of your query or complaint
- We’ll also include a note of what we did to help.
If you contact our customer service team with a query unrelated to a previous order, we might ask for your name and contact details to be able to get in touch with you and we will keep this data until no longer than necessary to help with your query.
We will never collect any sensitive information about you without your explicit consent.
If you contact us at our Press Enquiries email (firstname.lastname@example.org), your email will be forwarded to the relevant department and you might be contacted back using contact details you provided us with.
If you contact us at our Customer Service email with supplier queries, your email will be forwarded to the relevant department and you might be contacted back using contact details you provided us with.
Occasionally we advertise jobs in our shops or other departments on our Careers page. When you send your CV to an email address indicated in the advert, your personal data will be processed by our HR team and your contact details will be used to contact you.
The legal bases we rely on to collect information
Data Protection laws set out several different reasons for which a company may collect and process your personal data. These are:
In certain circumstances, we will only process your personal data with your clear consent.
For example, we will add you to our mailing list only if you sign up though a pop-up box or tick a relevant box at the checkout. You can create an account on our website only if you wish to do so. Not having an account doesn’t prevent you from placing an order with us.
When placing an order with us, we will require certain personal data like your name and address to be able to deliver your order so that we comply with our obligations under the sale contract. These details will be then passed on to our carrier company to deliver the goods to you.
We will use your e-mail address to provide you with updates regarding your order, such as order confirmation, despatch & tracking information.
We will also collect your phone number to be able to contact you in case of any problems with your order.
Depending on which delivery option you choose, your phone number and/or e-mail address might be passed on to our carrier so that they can keep you updated when your goods will be delivered (whenever applicable).
If the law requires us to, we may need to collect and process your data if fraud or other financial crime is suspected.
In certain situations, we will use your data to pursue our legitimate interests in a way which might reasonably be expected as part of running an e-commerce business. We will process personal data for the following legitimate interests:
- where the processing of our customers’ browsing and purchasing history enables us to enhance, modify, personalise or otherwise improve our services and communications for the benefit of our customers.
- to identify and prevent fraud and keep our services safe and secure
- to better understand how people interact with our website
- to improve our product selection and service based on your post-purchase feedback
- to notify you within 24 hours if you left items in your basket
We will use your purchase history to tailor our products recommendations to best suit your interests both on our website and occasionally in our newsletters (but only if you’ve signed up to our mailing list).
We will combine your browsing and purchasing data with all other customers’ data to analyse and identify shopping trends and areas for our improvement.
A short time after you’ve purchased a gift from us, we will send you a request to review your shopping experience with us as well as products you’ve purchased to help other customers make more informed choices when shopping with us.
Who has access to your information?
Your personal data security is our priority. We will not sell trade or transfer your personal information to any third parties under any circumstances. We will not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
This does not include trusted third party Service Providers who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or providing services to you on our behalf.
For example: We use Mailchimp as our email marketing platform to enable us to send out marketing emails and we use different carrier companies to deliver your goods to you.
Such trusted parties may have access to personally identifiable information on a need-to-know basis and we disclose only the personal information that is necessary to deliver the service. All third party service providers are contractually obliged to keep your information confidential. All of our partners have confirmed they comply with all appropriate data protection laws.
What data we might share with third party service providers?
In order to be able to fulfil your order, and provide you with the best possible service, we may need to share your personal data with third party service providers for the following reasons:
- In order to process your payment securely, and to check for potential fraud your personal data will be shared with our payment providers.
- In order to deliver your order we will share your delivery address and may share your email and telephone number with our carrier so that you can be notified when your order is on its way.
- In order to serve you with tailored product recommendations and personalised website and newsletter content your browsing & purchasing history is shared with Episerver, our third-party personalization platform.
- In order to give you the opportunity to review the quality of our service and products your email and order details (products you ordered) will be shared with Reviews.co.uk to request your feedback. Feedback is optional and can also be given anonymously.
- Only if you have consented, will you be subscribed to our email newsletter which will keep you updated regarding special offers, new products and other marketing information. You can unsubscribe at any time.
- For some personalised products and gift experiences, we may need to share your order and delivery information with our select partners to enable them to complete your order and deliver it accurately. These partners are currently Personalised Memento Company, and Signature Gifts.
- In order to advertise online we use something called “remarketing” which uses data from your past visits to our website to show you personalised adverts featuring products you have looked at on our site. We work with Google and Facebook to show our ads in this way.
- In order to measure the effectiveness of our paid advertising, we use Google products such as Adwords but this does not provide us with any personally identifiable data.
Keeping in touch through email marketing
We operate our newsletter on a strict opt-in basis. We will not contact you for marketing purposes by email (or any other means) unless you have given your prior consent. You have a choice about whether or not you wish to receive information from us.
You can sign up to our newsletter either by filling out a form when you see a pop-up on our website or by ticking a box at the checkout, when you’re making a purchase.
We use a double opt-in sign-up system, which means that after signing up to our newsletter you’ll receive a confirmation email asking you to confirm subscription. This allows us to prevent unwanted or spam subscriptions.
We use a specialist email advertising company called MailChimp, to send out our newsletter. We gather statistics regarding email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies to help us monitor and improve our e-newsletter. If you require more information, please see MailChimp’s privacy notice.
Our third-party partner Episerver, allows us to occasionally provide you with personalised content in our newsletter, based on your previous website visits. We do this on the basis of legitimate interest to provide you with product suggestions most relevant to you.
We will not e-mail you in the future if you do not want us to do so. You can unsubscribe from our mailing list at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our emails. You can also email us with your request at email@example.com.
Abandoned Cart Emails
If during the course of browsing our website you place products in your basket and provide us with your e-mail address but for some reason leave before you completed your purchase, we might send you an email notification just to check that nothing went wrong. These emails are sent only once and are fully automated. If you receive such email from us, but don’t find them helpful and wish not to receive them in the future, simply click the “unsubscribe” button in the footer of the email or contact us by phone or e-mail.
It is our legitimate interest to learn whether you enjoyed using our website and what you think about the products you’ve purchased. Sometime after you’ve received your order we will contact you through our third party service provider Reviews.co.uk to ask to share your feedback with us. These messages do not include any promotional content and are not part of our marketing newsletter. If you wish to leave us feedback, it is visible on Reviews.co.uk’s website as well as in the footer of our website: https://www.dicoshop.com/company-reviews/store/temptationgifts. If you wish to leave any product reviews, these will then appear on those products’ pages.
When sharing your feedback you can either stay anonymous or give your first name or nickname. No other details will be shared.
Security of your data
When you shop at Dicoshop and share some of your personal data with us, you can rest assured that we take every step to make sure we handle it securely.
Our website uses end to end “https” technology across the entire site. Access to your data is password-protected and any sensitive information is encrypted and protected with 256 Bit encryption via TLS (Transport Layer Security).
For example, all order information is encrypted and transmitted via Transport Layer Security (TLS/SSL) technology directly from your browser to our secure servers. It is only accessible by those who are authorized to access such systems, and only then to carry out tasks allowed in the contract, legal consent or legitimate interests as mentioned above.
Another example is, all supplied credit or debit card information is encrypted and transmitted via Transport Layer Security (TLS/SSL) technology directly from your browser to our payment gateway provider’s server only to be accessible by those who are authorized to access such systems and who are required to keep the information confidential. We do not ever see this information and the information never gets transmitted, seen or stored via our servers.
'Cookies' are small pieces of information sent by a website to your computer and stored on your hard drive to allow that website to recognise you when you visit, to save your preferences & give you relevant content. Cookies do not collect personally identifiable information such as your name, address or payment details, but may be used to link your actions to your personal information, for example to link you adding a product to your basket & account so you can then check out.
We will retain your personal data only for as long as is necessary and only for the purpose for which it was obtained.
You are entitled to view, amend, or delete the personal information that we store on you. Email your request to our Customer Service department.
If you have an account on our site, you can access your personal data by clicking on “My Account” in the website’s header, where you can update your personal data. To delete your account and all data it contains, please send a request to this effect to our Customer Service team.
If you’d like to amend your e-mail newsletter preferences, simply go to “update subscription preferences” at the bottom of each of our marketing emails to update the data we hold or to unsubscribe .
Review of this Policy
We keep this Policy under regular review. This Policy was last updated on 24th May 2018.